Liebster AwardFriday, February 21, 2014
I am so excited to share that Fashionlingual has been nominated for a Liebster Award by www.sydneyluella.com!
The Liebster Award is an honor given by bloggers to other bloggers, be they newcomers or bloggers who are simply looking to gain a stronger following. Nominees are asked to write a post answering 11 questions asked by the blog that did the nominating and then choose 5-11 bloggers with whom to share the Liebster love.
Ms. Sydney Brodie asked me to answer the following questions:
1. What food item or meal could you eat everyday?
I could eat freshly baked bread and fruit every day, but variety is the spice of life.
2. Polka dots or stripes?
I sure do like polka dots, but I would choose stripes over polka dots 9 times out of 10. Stripes can be sophisticated and help create the illusion of length or be manipulated in a number of ways to flatter different body shapes.
3. What physical trait do you like most about yourself?
I most like my eyes. Despite being blind as a bat, I love my eyes because of their unique color (they're blue with an uneven golden ring around the pupil). I like to play up my eyes with different eye make-up shades, hair styles and clothing colors.
4. If you could have a home anywhere in the world, where would it be?
That's an easy question. I would have a lovely condo in the center of Madrid, overlooking Retiro Park. I spent so many years in Spain that it feels like home and there are so many things that will always make me yearn to return. If you saw my closet, you'd quickly realize that I have a passion for fashion and I used the streets and uneven cobblestone walkways of Madrid as my day-to-day runway. The city is a great mix of art, culture, gastronomy, history, nightlife, sunshine and cosmopolitan style with a European twist. I love the proximity to other awe-inspiring cities, it's only a few hour plane ride to some of the greatest European cities like Paris, Barcelona, Rome, London...
5. Favorite perfume?
For ages, my go-to perfume has been Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue.
6. Do you have any siblings? How many?
Yes, one brother.
7. Male & female celebrity crush?
Male crush: Ryan Gosling/Wentworth Miller. Female crush: Miranda Kerr.
8. Favorite sport and sports team?
Favorite sport: cheerleading. Favorite sports team: Chicago Bulls!!!
9. Top three beauty products you can't live without?
I can't live without Neutrogena's Deep Clean facial wipes, a moisturizing serum, a good moisturizer, Shiseido foundation and Bobbi Brown's undereye concealer & corrector (yes, I know it's 5. I just couldn't narrow it down to three).
10. Favorite book of all time?
A book with a collection of Spanish romanticism poetry.
11. How tall are you?
About 5'5" without heels.
Here are MY questions for the nominees to answer:
1. Why did you choose to create your blog?
2. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
3. How have you created (or continue to create) a buzz about your blog?
4. What are your goals for the blog?
5. From where does the inspiration for your blog posts come?
6. What's your number 1 tip for new bloggers?
7. What are your 3 favorite blogs?
8. Who do you most admire and why?
9. What is your favorite quote?
10. What is your favorite brand?
11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
My Liebster Nominees are:
2. Fashion Freedom by Angie Paldzyan
3. Heartwonders by Vanessa Diaz
4. Left Side of the Table by Kelly
5. Life and Style Madrid by Lori Zaino
6. Papier de Norma by Norma Galan
7. RD's Obsessions by Rach Dulay
8. The Fashion Journalist by Gloria Rosique
9. Vivir Asunción by Sandra Ramirez
(If you have already been nominated for a Liebster, no worries. Feel free to disregard or pass the award along to another blogger.)